The Phoenixi incubation program is to support startups from the early stage to the late under the theme of “innovation born from time and space sharing”. This program assists your bold business challenge that is expected to achieve sustainable growth.
Accepted startups will have access to a wide range of resources to transform the ideas into scalable, sustainable and impactful ventures.
- Managerial strategy and operations consulting by experts
- Mentoring support by experienced entrepreneurs
- Residential space and workspace
- Fundraising opportunities
- Technical assistance through collaboration with academia
Each startup is paired with a field-specific mentor according to the stage where venture stands. As each startup will be offered one-hour mentoring once every two weeks during the residency phase, each startup can receive consultation and advice according to the actual venture stage,
- Applicant(s) must be at least 20 years of age by the start of the program.
- Venture must be the original idea of the applicant(s).
- Applicant(s) must be the primary decision maker for the venture plan including development and management.
- Applicant(s) must obtain consent from a sponsor company on the venture.
- Applicant(s) must be able to make a full-time commitment to the residential period and office-provision period.
- Applicant(s) should reside in Kyoto during the incubation period.
- Applicant(s) must submit all required documents in designated formats online before the closing date.
|3rd Cohort||4th Cohort|
|Application Period:||10 December (9:00), 2019 to 25 December (23:00), 2019|
|First Selection Period:||26 December 2019 to 10 January 2020|
|Feedback to each company:||Until 12 January 2020|
|Notice to candidates:||Until 15 January 2020|
|Second Selection:||Late January 2020|
|Notice to each company:||Until 4 February 2020|
|Notification to successful applicants:||Until 12 February 2020|
|Mentor Selection:||February-April 2020||August-September 2020|
|Cohort(pogram) start date:||7 May 2020||Early November 2020|
|Kickoff Meeting:||18 May 2020||Mid February 2021|
|Final Showcase:||Mid September 2020||Mid February 2021|
8-10 ventures will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Passion toward venture and entrepreneur
- Leadership, Vision, Problem-solving skill
- Issue identification and originality for its solution, Skills
- Innovative approach for products and services, Sustainability, Expandability
- Social impact
Applications will be reviewed based on selection criteria. Applicants will be notified individually at the end of January 2019. Those who passed this selection round will move on to the secondary selection round.
Pitch gives the Selections Committee a chance to interact with applicants and learn more about each venture. At the Pitch, applicants will be given 5 minutes to virtually pitch their ideas and given a chance to answer questions from members of the Selections Committee.
After the Pitch, the Selection Committee will select from eight up to ten ventures for the Phoenixi incubator program. Those who wishes to join the program will be requested to contact us by February 20, 2019 and those who wish to decline as soon as possible.